Come join the non-profit sector, help us change the world! (Non-profits/social enterprises/foundations, please send the job details to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note: Copy may be subject to editing.)
Here are some job opportunities (with the latest posts being on top) (if you are looking for jobs at NVPC, please go here) …
JOB TITLE: Finance and Administration Manager
ADDRESS: 352 Tanglin Road #02-02, Singapore 247671
Nexus is a cooperative of development organisations that support vulnerable communities by scaling up successful climate-friendly projects. This non-profit and collaborative structure enables members to share expertise and services, access technical assistance and international funding opportunities such as carbon finance. Acting together and committing to a common vision, Nexus members benefit from economies of scale, reduced risks, and a strong voice in the global community. Nexus is registered in Singapore and Cambodia, with offices in Singapore, Cambodia, United Kingdom and France.
Nexus is now looking for a Finance and Administration Manager who will be based in Singapore on a permanent basis. She/he is expected to drive best practices in financial management, human resources management and administrative management within the organisation to maximise efficiency and growth. She/he will manage a team of three people and oversee financial management, investors’ relations, administration, human resources and compliance activities.
1. Financial management and investors relations
The Finance and Administration Manager will ensure long term sustainability of the organisation and support the growth of members’ projects through the following activities:
1.1.Manage financial planning and investors relations
- Prepare and maintain financial forecasts in consultation with the Executive Director and team leaders (including the annual budget and the medium term business plan).
- Manage relationships with investors and support the Executive Director in designing and implementing appropriate financing tools for Nexus and its members.
- With support from a financial analyst, design appropriate financial due diligence procedures for members’ projects and perform financial assessment of these projects.
1.2.Manage financial monitoring and reporting
- With support from the Finance and Administration Officer, ensure efficient financial monitoring and reporting (including monitoring expenses and revenues, reviewing and upgrading existing procedures, ensuring production of appropriate financial reports for internal and external clients).
- With support from the Finance and Administration Officer, ensure high quality accounting (including overseeing day to day accounting, managing the year-end audit process).
- Organise and prepare audit and finance committees meetings.
2. Administration management
The Finance and Administration Manager will ensure high quality administrative support through the following activities:
2.1.Oversee general administration
- With support from the Finance and Administration Officer and from the Compliance and Administration Officer, oversee office management duties.
- With support from the Finance and Administration Officer, manage the relationship with the information technology contractor.
- With support from the Compliance and Administration Officer, oversee travel arrangements and monitor travel expenditures.
- With support from the Compliance and Administration Officer, ensure compliance with relevant local regulations.
- With support from the Compliance and Administration Officer, ensure compliance with internal policies, donors and investors’ requirements.
2.3.Manage Human Resources
- Manage payroll-related activities (including advising team leaders on appropriate salary levels, reviewing Nexus salary grid, overseeing payouts to employees).
- Develop and manage human resources procedures.
- Support team leaders in relation to recruitment processes and human resources matters.
- Minimum five years in financial and administration management.
- Previous experience in managing relations with investors.
- Master’s degree in Finance or recognised professional certification (such as CPA, ACCA, CMA, CFA).
- Knowledge of local accounting practices (Singapore/Cambodia) and relevant laws a plus.
- Strong financial management skills.
- Fluent English with excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent Excel skills.
- Strong organisational and leadership skills.
- At ease in working in a small structure, start-up-type, where tasks and responsibilities are in constant move.
- Able to operate in a multicultural environment.
- High level of autonomy at work, yet with profound team-spirit.
- Adaptive, patient, resilient and flexible.
- Pro-active and solutions oriented.
- Fast learning and high reactivity.
- Ability to work under time pressure.
Interested applicants, please send your application (CV + Cover letter) to email@example.com. Applications will be considered until a suitable candidate is found. Please note that only candidates with Singapore citizenship or Permanent Residency will be considered.
POSTED DATE: May 20, 2013; CLOSING DATE: June 30, 2013
ORGANISATION: Art Outreach Singapore
JOB TITLE: Arts Administrator
ADDRESS: 2 Orchard Link, #02-28 *SCAPE, Singapore 237978
Started in 2003, Art Outreach (AO) is a non-profit art education programme that offers free art appreciation lessons to primary and secondary school students. Designed to wrap around academic curriculum, the programme exposes students to the world of art and promotes visual literacy. The programme also promotes critical thinking by having students understand the rationale behind the production or artworks in their various cultural, political and historical contexts. The programme is volunteer-driven, and volunteers receive training in both pedagogy and content for each portfolio.
- Working with members of the AO team to maintain excellent project documentation and records.
- Providing school, project and event support as required including conducting art tours, teaching Art Outreach classes, conducting volunteer orientation and training, as well as delivering meetings and events.
- Marketing and communications support including contributing to Art Outreach’s social media presence, preparing and distributing newsletters and mailings.
- Co-ordination of printed and promotional materials prior to training sessions.
- Assembling and distributing Board Papers and minutes for meetings, liaising with Board and stakeholders as required.
- Office organisation, supplies and maintenance, including routine liaison with landlord.
- Maintenance of electronic filing systems, volunteer database and project documentation.
- Maintenance of HR records (medical and annual leave etc.)
- Basic book-keeping (preparing payment vouchers and cheques, handling petty cash etc.) – training will be provided.
- Other duties as required.
- Buckets of initiative, a can-do attitude and the ability to work flexibly, problem-solve and prioritise tasks.
- A motivated, ambitious self-starter with a passion for AO and its mission.
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Capable and enthusiastic about working in a small but fast-moving team.
- Fully fluent with Google docs/drive and MS Office.
- Strong general IT skills and an ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Only Singaporeans and PRs will be considered.
- Standard working hours for AO staff are 9.30am to 6.30pm. However, given the nature of the AO’s activities, flexibility is required.
Applications should be submitted via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. This should include a one-page cover letter outlining how you meet the requirements and anything else you feel makes you right for the job, as well as a full CV outlining relevant achievements and experience. The organisation regrets to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
POSTED DATE: May 10, 2013; CLOSING DATE: May 31, 2013
ORGANISATION: World Future Foundation
JOB TITLE: Administration Officer
World Future Foundation Ltd. (WFF) was incorporated in Singapore on August 26, 2008. WFF is the first philanthropic foundation in Singapore funded by entrepreneurs from mainland China, and is operated by an international team. WFF financially supports a number of charitable programs and aims to promote environmental and sustainability research. These programmes will bring about changes and benefit the current and future generations.
WFF is looking for an Administration Officer, who will report to the managing director, to join its headquarters in Singapore.
- To work independently with administrative and financial tasks.
- In charge of meeting scheduling, visits and business trips.
- To work as the secretary to the Board of Directors.
- To work on project-related research and translation.
- To assist project implementation, including but not limited to: e-mail/telephone coordination, filing, project budget, evaluation and follow-up, data collection, publicity, etc.
- Only Singaporeans/PRs need apply.
- Driven by a desire to work with NGO/NPO.
- Self-disciplined, ability to work independently with multiple tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree or above, at least three years’ experience of relevant work.
- Good communication skills with both English and Chinese.
- Good computer literacy (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer).
- A broad professional prospect and a competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate.
Interested applicants should send a resume (in both English and Chinese), photo, current and expected salary to: email@example.com/. Please also clearly indicate in the subject heading “Application for Administration, WFF”. Shortlisted candidates are required to sit for a written test prior to the interview.
POSTED DATE: May 10, 2013; CLOSING DATE: June 30, 2013
ORGANISATION: ACRES (Animal Concerns Research and Education Society)
JOB TITLE: Campaigns Executive
ADDRESS: 91 Jalan Lekar, S(698917)
ACRES is a Singapore-based animal protection charity, founded by Singaporeans in 2001. ACRES advocates for an end to animal cruelty in Asia. ACRES has 6 Focus Areas: Wildlife Rescue & Rehabilitation; Tacking the Wildlife Trade; Addressing Zoo Animal Welfare; Humane Education; Community Outreach and Promoting Cruelty-Free Living.
- Develop strategies for and manage existing ACRES campaigns and develop future campaigns, on a range of animal protection issues.
- Arrange and attend meetings with key stakeholders for various campaigns.
- Develop effective relationships with key stakeholders.
- Ensure various components of campaigns are completed on time.
- Liaise with other organisations on joint campaigns.
- Able to commit full-time for a minimum of two years, preferably longer.
- Able to work some weekends.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel).
- Writing skills are an advantage.
- Website management skills an advantage.
- Knowledge of animal protection issues an advantage.
Interested applicants should send a detailed resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
POSTED DATE: April 17, 2013; CLOSING DATE: May 31, 2013
ORGANISATION: The Helping Hand
JOB TITLE: Christian Counselor (Pastoral)
ADDRESS: 819 Upper Serangoon Rd, Singapore 534678
The Helping Hand was founded in 1987 as a Christian half-way house for the rehabilitation of ex-drug addicts, by Robert Yeo, himself an ex-addict.
As of 2006, they have opened our doors to all ex-offenders. The Helping Hand is a VWO under the Ministry of Community, Youth and Sports (MCYS) with Institution of Public Character (IPC) status.The Helping Hand seeks to transform lives’ of ex-offenders into restored and hardworking individuals, re-integrating them back into society as stable and contributing citizens, and finding a community to be part of in a local church.
- Counseling ex-offenders with their families.
- Pastoral care of offenders.
- Certificate/Diploma/Degree holder in Counseling.
- Effectively bilingual in Mandarin and English.
Interested applicants should send their resume to Vincent Tan at: email@example.com.
POSTED DATE: March 13, 2013; CLOSING DATE: June 1, 2013